The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Monday, July 24, 2006

A poll for the "Gift and Curse Nation?"

My friend PK, the same one who was complaining about my lack of sexual exploits on the blog, recently had this story to share. He swears up and down that it's a great story, and that I (and BV) wouldn't know a great and hilarious story if it bit us in the ass. Let me summarize: On Thursday night he went out to a bar and kissed a 35-year old divorcee.....

[crickets chirping....]

That's it.... that's the end of the story. Nothing more. Here was my translation of the events: I went out drinking on Thursday and kissed this older woman with no self-esteem who would have tripped over herself to make herself available to any man 12 years her junior that feigned even the slightest amount of interest.

Upon sharing this with PK, his only reaction was: "But she was hot." (Although BV later informed me that PK admitted he would never sleep with this woman because she was "too old." So I think that really says something.)

I'm going to open this up to public opinion. Do you think this was hilarious, or just a mundane night out at the bars? Let us all know.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I've said before, this story is whatev to me. It had potential with the addition of details...but without that, it never had a chance. Not to mention, as I've always maintained, and as Chris does in fact know (pervert), the just legal crowd is always where it's at. :)

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any story can be hilarious, come on, you know that! That story, with the right suspense and adjectives, and buildup, funny. I think you are the best at making boring stories funny. You just have a personal issue with the topic of sexual exploits, I guess. :)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Hoss said...

That's the thing, there's nothing more to the story! Even when PK read the story he goes, "but there is more to the story! You're forgetting the part where my boss at my new job set me up with her." So if that makes it funny, so be it.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about make it funny by making fun of him? there is always a funny slant to be found. :)

2:10 AM  
Blogger Hoss said...

Okay, I didn't say that I couldn't make the story funny :). I was just saying that PK thought that the story, by itself, was hilarious and was shocked that BV and I didn't appreciate it.

9:49 AM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

I think it could be funny if sold a little more. I like your take on it better, though.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. I agree with you then. Why the fuck is kissing some lady funny. Wow! I pet my dog today too! ANd he barked a lot!
:)

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story was fucking weak. He didn't even fuck her, or have her kids watch....or make a movie and send it to the ex.... If it was me i would've nailed her...it's called MILF hunting...if she was hot...being 35 should not matter

Z

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach talks about these scenarios like he knows...he probably does. haha

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home