The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Journalistic Integrity and Me

After the last story, some people have decided to attack my integrity as a blog-writer (namely Rochelle in the comments, but another friend also IMed me to ask about the “truthiness” of the story). It’s not like I write for the New York Times. I just can’t go about fabricating stories and interviews for a few years and expect to get away with it…. Oh wait, that did happen… well, regardless the story about the parking yesterday is about 95% accurate. In the interest of being honest, I will reveal one detail that I left out that makes the story less entertaining.

The spot the guy was parked in is actually a reserved spot. Normally there is a sign there that says, Reserved Parking: Towing Enforced and then has the guy’s spot number (which is something like 58) on the sign. But, that sign has been knocked down and laying in the grassy median for the last two-three weeks. Luckily I remembered that spot as reserved because I almost parked there one day… but this guy in the Toyota was not so fortunate. So, to clarify it’s not like they created it as a reserve spot, but they did “re-erect” the sign while a car was parked there, ticketed it, and then towed it away in a matter of 15 minutes. True story.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I still say that story was a fair report. And, I really was tempted to believe it from the start because I've seen the crazy shit USC parking does on a daily basis. And I will never be able to explicate why I got ticketed for that decal in gambrel when you NEVER did...karma is the only thing I can figure.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, ok, that I can believe. Still fucked up, but totally believable.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In no way, shape, or form was my inquiry into the "truthiness" of the initial report an attack of on the integrity of the esteemed Chris Dickson. Instead it was in search of an affirmation of justification of my long-standing desire to declare open season on any attempts to undermine USC's Parking Services. I knew that they were insane in their handling of situations around campus (setting up temporary reserved spots overnight while cars were parked in those spots then ticketing the hell out of them in the morning) but I just wanted to make sure they had finally crossed "the line in the sand".

2:58 PM  
Blogger Hoss said...

Ahhh yes, I had forgotten about those instances. We must have racked up over 150 dollars in the mysterious "put up a temporarily reserved spot overnight" and then ticketing the cars in the morning AND THEN having the audacity to tell us it was our responsibility to check every morning. Asshats.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Indicting your integrity? Pshhh. I would have commented, Chris, you're a dirty liar! It was just...unbelievable. So, I thought I'd double check to see if you were using hyperbole so as to accurately depict the insanity that is USC parking. Thank you very much!

7:37 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

I never doubted you. :-)

12:59 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

I just make not believing you a default position. ;)

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me alan tauber didn't just pass judgement on someone ELSE'S integrity...oh, that'd be the day...I do miss him though :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Hey! My JOURNALISTIC integrity is not to be questioned party peep!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.holdemshirts.net/Phil-Ivey.wmv

you'll appreciate this

Z

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home