The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

I went to go see this movie this weekend with SD and, like many other reviews of the movie, found it pretty enjoyable, especially considering it's a glorified PowerPoint presentation turned into a movie. At the end of the movie though, intercut with the credits, are all these suggestions that should help you reduce your personal pollution output. As I looked around the theater, I noticed that no one was leaving, like they were all intent on memorizing these recommendations. I really wasn't interested in that... to be honest, I just came to be entertained. So, as SD and I got up to leave (feeling almost guilty) mind you, everyone else got up with us. It's like when a professor is drowning on and on at the end of class and no one wants to be the first to leave, but once that seal is popped you can't stop the flood.


On another note, I'm really happy at the extensive study abroad programs that our school offers. This is not because I ever got to participate, but doesn't it seem like all the people you don't like and don't want to see are the ones who are always gone? For such douches they are very considerate of my needs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, seriously. Everyone was fearful to leave, like they would be judged. I am not afraid! Also, I wanted to make a formal apology on another note. I did question the presense of bad Columbia drivers in a previous post, but I will confirm that they do IN FACT exist. After I was stuck in traffic on 26 for over an hour AND after we almost got hit several times this weekend--it is in fact, an unquestionable truth. My apologies. :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

The seal analogy rocks. Glad you liked it!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home