The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Columbia is a dream-world

I don't want you to get the wrong impression by the title of this post. By dream-world I mean, sometimes I see things happening and I'm not sure if it can be real, and not in a good way either. Let me briefly summarize a few parts of my day.

One of my jobs today was to put together a working budget for a documentary on nanotechnology. I have very little experience assembling budgets and less experience with movies, outside of a film class I took once in college and an amateur film that me and a few bud.... I mean, nevermind. Think of a monkey throwing darts at a newspaper to pick stocks, and that is basically what I did today.

That doesn't even compare though to how USC Parking operates. Here is a play by play of some events that took place outside of my window today.

1. Professor pulls up and cannot find parking in lot.
2. Calls USC parking.
3. 5 minutes later, USC Parking arrives with their employee in a truck and an accompanying tow truck.
4. Pull out new sign that reads "Reserved Spot : Towing Enforced."
5. Dig hole in ground in front of a random car; plant new sign.
6. Write ticket for violating the "parking in a reserved spot rule."
7. Decide that is worth towing the car for....
8. Remove car from said spot with aforementioned tow truck.
9. Wave professor into newly open spot.

Keep that in mind next time you park in the H Lot at the intersection of Greene and Senate ;).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha, I cannot believe that! I get written tickets almost every day, but never have I been towed. That is too funny. Columbia IS like a dream world, me on campus is always too good to be true...

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did that really happen? Or are you exaggerating since there's never parking?

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy fuck, USC parking is absurd, but Jesus. . .that one's hard to believe.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home