The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

A case of confused identities

I've seen this car outside of work before and it always has me perplexed. On one side, it has a sticker that says "Thank God I'm Armenian!" At first, when I walked up to the car on that side my first thought was, "Why?" Because the Turks tried to kill all of you off in an attempted genocide? That's about the only thing I know about Armenians... and while surviving is something to be proud of, being on the receiving end of an attempted genocide is not. So, then I thought, maybe this is just one of those people that hates America and is glad that, while they live here, they aren't from here. Fair enough.... but as I walk around to the back of the car, it has a bumper sticker that says "Proud to be an American!" Either they are seriously confused about their national identity, or they have dyslexia and some serious spelling issues.

4 Comments:

Blogger the littlest tortfeasor said...

What can I say? Us Armenians are really really proud of ourselves.


And I own that sticker. Totally not kidding.

10:51 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

That's pretty funny...a few more bumper stickers and it's the freaking UN of cars.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe, thank god I'm Armenian is a nicer way of saying thank god I'm not Turkish?

5:42 PM  
Blogger Butterflyfish said...

finally getting around to blogrolling you.

that parking lot story was too freakin funny

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home