The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The end of football, I mean soccer, but their football...

With the end of the World Cup come a few thoughts for me on the whole event. Well, not the whole event, but some stuff that happened at the end.


Everyone is all up in arms about this headbutt that Zidane through in the World Cup… I thought it was a pretty flagrant foul, but other than that, who gives a shit, honestly? For one, who throws a headbutt to someone’s chest? Sure the guy fell to the ground, but we all know soccer players are a bunch of floppers (more on that later). If you’re gonna do something that will get you ejected, especially in a Cup f’in Final, at least make it worth it. Headbutt him in the face, break his nose, or something…. That’s the only reason I think that the move was idiotic, poor return on his investment. Also, there is all this speculation on what caused Zidane to headbutt the guy…. Some papers have gone as far as to hire lip readers to determine what he said to him prior ot the headbutt, most of them agreeing it was something along the lines of him being a “son of a terrorist whore.” There is shit-talking in all of sports (raindrops! Count it!) and I’m sure Zidane (as a French, frog-loving surrender monkey) has heard it often. I like the latest theory that I heard on SportsCenter this morning: that the Italian guy was caught twisting his nipple earlier in the match. That’s the kind of homoeroticism that needs to be brought back to international sports!


Also, either soccer players are the biggest pansies in the world or they are, in the words of Young Jeezy, actors like Patrick Swayze. These guys dive more than Jacques Cousteau, I don’t know how they do it without scuba tanks. They need to revamp the rules, because when that guy took a dive during the French/Italy match and got a penalty kick, who took it but Zidane, a well-known BEAST at penalty kicks (let’s be honest, he’s no Beckham though). That never happens in other sports. If you foul Shaq, I don’t get to call Dwayne Wade off the bench to shoot for him. Otherwise, you might as well have professional divers. I think that’s my ticket to the World Cup, perfect the art of the dive… then I get our team a penalty kick, and BRING ON THE RINGER! Look for me in South Africa in 2010.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I didn't understand most of the content of this post, but peeps acting like Patrick Swayze...that I could appreciate.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home