The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pop quiz hot-shot: Can I learn all of contracts law in 2 days?

I guess we're going to have to find out. I felt like I didn't know shit about contracts (it was a class that I was kind of excited about at the beginning of the semester, but then became disinterested in) but now that I have been going through some commercial outlines and my notes/outline, I feel like a lot of it is coming back to me. If I can just keep my nose to the grindstone (or whatever it is you're supposed to keep your nose to), I feel like I have a shot at not screwing the pooch on this one.

On a related note, I need to stop thinking about my torts exam because I keep realizing things that I screwed up. I'm pretty sure I completely messed up a damages question and have only been comforted by the fact that it was only 1/3rd of a 40% question, so what is that, like 13%? That's not too bad, and surely I must have said something in there to get some points. But I'm pretty sure I screwed it bad... so, onward and upward we go.

For some odd reason, I woke up at 5:30 this morning unassisted by an alarm (which, granted, was set for 6:00 but I didn't see the need for those extra 30 minutes of sleep). Unfortunately, I agreed to run stairs with my workout buddy which kicked my ass. Walking back to my apartment I felt lightheaded, nauseous, and like I was going to vomit. So, instead of getting an early start to the day I literally passed out in my bed for about an hour, until some needy girl called and woke me up (no, I'm not talking about my girlfriend). I get a call from an 803 number that I don't recognize and I decide to answer it (which is risky, because the last time I did that it turned out to be an crazy ex's number that I had deleted from my phone and then forgotten it was her number... she was not happy, but then again, she's psycho). It turns out to be some little girl with cancer asking for blood donations. I would have been more sympathetic, but she woke me up from a nap so it looks like it up to someone else to save her life. Not it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last part... a little fucked. up.

you get coal for christmas!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh ps. that was your sister.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always knew lawyers were heartless....joining the ranks already I see...good job! Merry Christmas! (or should I say bah humbug!) =P

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home