The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Borat, USC, and you

So, I haven't seen the new Borat movie yet (though I want to) but I am told that there are some fraternity brothers that make us alumni proud. [insert sarcasm here] Apparently they make some pretty degrading comments about women and minorities (in typical frat fashion at USC). Now they're upset and are seeking_an_injunction. I'm not so certain their arguments are without merit. I'd be pretty upset if someone got me drunk first and then made me sign a release waiver while telling me it had "something to do with the reliability of the vehicle they were driving." But, that being said, their big concern is that they were told that their identity and their affiliation with the University of South Carolina wouldn't be revealed. Fine, but if you were that concerned, TAKE OFF YOUR GODDAMN SOUTH CAROLINA HATS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home