The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Call me Mr. Planters because I was just as-salted.

Yeah, torts is officially over which means that I'm 2/3rds of the way done with my first semester of law school. And torts kicked my ass for sure... after putting what I thought to be a respectable performance on civil procedure I was welcomed to the world of closed-book exams and strict and short word limits. I don't even want to think about that exam right now.

I have, however, figured out what the anticipation of grades for 1L year is like: it's just how I feel at any national tournament before they handed out speaker awards for debate. I know that one is within my grasp, but everything kind of has to fall into place (right judges, good rounds, etc). So, I always sat kind of anxiously waiting and hoping that this time I would get a speaker award, and even if only the top spot was left I had some hope that it would be me, but when it wasn't, I wasn't really disappointed (just relieved it was over). That is pretty much exactly how I feel now... I feel like good grades ARE a possibility, but everything would have to work out just right... and I have a feeling that, just like speaker awards, it's not gonna happen. I don't think I bombed or anything, but if you're debating at NPTE or taking exams at NYU, you really aren't up against a lot of scrubs and I have a feeling I might be falling into the healthy middle of this group. Off to study for contracts so hopefully I can finish the first semester feeling like I made some exam my bitch, instead of the other way around.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hoss said...

Yeah, but this coming from the person who rocks out all their exams (and speaker awards!).

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home