The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's the Final Countdown!

My first exam is in roughly 12 hours now and I'm kind of filled with a giddy excitement. How sick is that? It's almost like a Christmas Eve of sorts, wondering what is left underneath the Exam SofTest tree. I hope I don't get coal (although that would probably be more appropriate for my study habits this year).

I think I've picked up a bad habit from my old debate partner. Prior to tournaments, he would spend time thinking of clever/funny ways to talk shit against teams that we might be debating... and now I've spent too much time thinking of funny jokes to work into my CivPro exam. I was sharing them with a friend of mine....

Me: What do you think about this.... what if, I call Rule 14 the "artist formerly known as impleader?"
AH: I can tell you've been at this way too long
Me: Fuck you, that is funny!
AH: Although, I have to admit... on the last page of my torts final last year, I spent the last 10 minutes drawing a big picture of the Kool Aid Guy with a caption that read "Ohhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"
AH: It's really amazing what people will find funny in the middle of the chaos that is finals...

At least I'm not alone. I'd share the rest of my classic material, but I don't want any of you stealing my schtick! (Because I'm sure that is a legitimate concern....). Most of them are pretty damn corny (imagine that, jokes about civil procedure not being legitimately funny) but I figure if I can't make substantive arguments (or, at the very least, outcome determinative ones) I might as well make the professor crack up while he is turning through 112 nearly identical, equally boring exams. I'll get back to you in February and let you know how my strategy works out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. X said...

Where once there was a yacht...

NOW THERE IS... NOT!!!!!!!!!

(Because the yacht was purchased by an out-of-state buyer. Query: does this establish minimum contacts with the forum state?)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Hoss said...

It might satisfy the threshold inquiry of minimum contacts (if the buyer travelled to the forum state for the purchase, as opposed to if he bought it on eBay and had it delivered). Whether or not these contacts were sufficient to justify jurisdiction in the interests of fair play and substantive justice would probably require more information ;). I need a life.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Dr. X said...

Very good. As you can see, it is deeply unclear how much work "minimum contacts" does anymore.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

February? Is that how long your break is? NOT FAIR.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Hoss said...

No silly, we don't get our grades back til February. Our break is short as hell; I come back on Jan 6th.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home