The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Home Is F'n Sweet

I haven't been doing much of anything these past few days and it has been absolutely fantastic. Christmas came and went and since then, I have pretty much been sitting on my (increasingly) fatter ass and watching TV and playing Tiger Woods golf and poker. I just want to be able to do absolutely nothing for the next few days. The USC bowl game is coming up on the 29th and that is pretty much the higlight of the next few days.

B (@ UVA) has been telling me that he already has grade anticipation, which isn't really too surprising. Everywhere you turn it seems like someone is mentioning grades. Even in Charlotte, I am not surrounded by anyone who goes to law school but my parents don't even help. These will be fairly typical conversations.

Me: "Yeah, we don't even find out about our grades til February.
Dad: "Really? February? After all that time you put in studying you don't find out til February?!?"
Me: "Yup."
Dad: "Wow, that really sucks."
Me: "Thanks for reminding me."

Me: "Interviews for our 2L summer job happen before the start of our second year."
Dad: "So, you won't even have any of your 2L grades yet right? So, pretty much everything rides on your 1L grades... wow."
Me: "Yeah, no pressure though, right?"

At the same time, I've been able to keep the grades off my mind. Exams are over, me thinking about them certainly isn't going to change anything, so why would I waste my time. That's why I was surprised when B said a friend of his had IMed him asking, "Have you heard anything about grades yet?" Are you serious? Hit up the alchohol a little harder and just forget about it buddy. It's winter break and law students everywhere should be enjoying their time off. Hope everyone's holidays are going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home