The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fair and balanced reporting

While there are certainly things about my roommate that annoy me, I have to give him props on this one. This email has been cracking me up all day. Our building managers have decided to turn on the heat starting tomorrow. While that's all well and good it really is not THAT cold out yet. So, these two emails were sent to our managers:

"Are you people completely insane? It's early October and they're calling for temperatures in the 70s next week. I'm still running my air conditioning on high half of the time and I can barely go outside during the day without sweating. Is this even legal? Don't you people have to provide us at least with window AC units or something so we don't die of hyperthermia?"

Followed by:

Just as a follow-up, all the buildings of the law school are kept at obscenely high temperatures. I have a class in F where I can't even function without a bottle of ice water. The problem as I see it is that this school and this city are full of fat people who have incredibly low metabolisms because they never engage in physical activities and spend all their time studying in the library and eating simple carbs. I fail to see why I and others should suffer simply because others are slowly killing themselves.There is an obesity epidemic in this country, and high building temperatures only encourages it. Please don't let D [our building] be partof the problem.

What do you think? Think we'll get to keep our A/C for a few days?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home