The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Reasons why you shouldn't go into Crim Law

We were in lawyering class today discussing a hypothetical research plan and one TA kept referring to the accused as "the criminal." After a while of that, the other TA corrected her. Her response, "Yeah, that probably would be bad if I keep referring to him as the criminal. AND, I'm going to DC this weekend for a hearing regarding a guy on death row. I think he's innocent but it would probably be pretty bad if we kept calling him the criminal."

(Insert general agreeing sentiment from the class).

"Plus, if I kept calling him a criminal he would probably get pissed off enough to kill me."

(Class booes and laughs, a few comments such as: "This guy is screwed.").

"No, no, you have to understand, I'm reading some of these things this guy did, I mean, was acccused of doing on the transcript and it's scary."

(Jaws slowly start to drop).

"But, I mean, I think he's innocent.... well, at the very least, he wasn't the one that pulled the trigger.... but anyway, if you ever have a chance to get involved in a death-penalty clinic here I highly recommend it, it's a lot of fun."

Me: "Yeah, it sounds like that guy is having a blast."

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. X said...

report that dude to the ABA

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude ian

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home