The Life and Times of a Former Hoss: The Gift and the Curse

Shocking, another 1L blog. I bet if we didn't collectively spend so much time blogging, 1L may be less stressful. Find my thoughts on life, law, and... something else cliche that starts with an L.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer Reading

In the attempt to get prepared for law school (and to fill all my spare time ) I've picked up reading again. Well, I guess I shouldn't phrase it in a manner to suggest that I may have forgotten how to read, although four years in South Carolina might do that to a person. So, here's what is on the current list.

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell - Tucker_Max
Law School Confidential - Robert Miller
Peace Kills : America's New Imperialism - PJ O'Rourke.

Really, the only reason I bought all these books was because I was damned if I was going to pay shipping from Amazon! I went to their site with the intention of just buying Max's book because he has helped me get through a lot of boring ass days at work. It was only 9.95, so a relatively inexpensive buy, but shipping was going to be like six bucks.... so then I noticed Amazon's ever-running "buy 25 dollars of books and get free shipping special." So instead, I spent 26 more dollars so I could save six. And that is why I stopped doing math after high school.

On a related pop culture note, Jay-Z has decided to boycott Cristal from both his personal life and his 40/40 clubs. So, to stand in solidarity with my favorite hip-hop artist of all time, I'm no longer drinking Cristal either. Sorry Roederer.

6 Comments:

Blogger the littlest tortfeasor said...

I've done that over-ordering on Amazon, too. Did you actually want the other books, or did you pick their recommended selections?

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You stole that story about Jay-Z from my US Weekly, why don't you start citing these credible sources? :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Hoss said...

I've been eyeing the other books for a while... so it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Dr. X said...

Jay-Z needs to stop copying me. i can't stop 1-click buying used "like new" books on amazon :O

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazon is smart.

And, have you ever even tasted Cristal? Isn't it, like, a thousand+ a bottle?

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. I'm intensely saddened that this Tucker Max person "saves" you from ANYTHING. This shit is the most awful representation of ass hats that deserve to never be near any girls other than those on paper.

blah.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home